Riddle Creek Publishing Online

Written by Drew on August 28th, 2006

Riddle Creek Publishing, which has published two of my studies for teenagers and young adults, is now online at www.riddlecreekpublishing.com. The new web site contains an online catalog from which visitors can order books through Paypal. Also, book reviews are available for each selection.

So far, Riddle Creek has published three books. All of them are outlined in thirteen chapters and are full of biblically-based studies for young people. Available titles include:

At least seven studies are planned for publication in the near future. Keep your eye on this blog for more shameless promotion.

What Drew said in “Make your stand” in Chapter 1.
    “you have your truth and
    I have mine. Let’s just tolerate one another and live at
    peace.”

What God said in Romans 14:

“1) Don’t refuse to accept into your group a person that is weak in faith. And don’t argue with that person about his different ideas.
    2) One person believes that he can eat any kind of food he wants. But if another person’s faith is weak, then that person believes he can eat only vegetables.
    3)The person that knows that he can eat any kind of food must not feel that he is better than the person that eats only vegetables. And the person that eats only vegetables must not decide that the person that eats all foods is wrong. God has accepted that person.
    4)You cannot judge another person’s servant. His own master decides if he is doing right or wrong. And the Lord’s servant will be right, because the Lord is able to make him right.
    5) One person might believe that one day is more important than another. And another person might believe that every day is the same. Each person should be sure about his own beliefs in his own mind.
    6) The person that thinks one day is more important than other days is doing that for the Lord. And the person that eats all kinds of food is doing that for the Lord. Yes, he gives thanks to God {for that food}. And the person that refuses to eat some foods does that for the Lord. And he gives thanks to God.
    7) Yes, {we all live for the Lord}. We don’t live or die for ourselves.
    8) If we live, we are living for the Lord. And if we die, we are dying for the Lord. So living or dying, we belong to the Lord.
    9)That is why Christ died and rose from death to live again. Christ did this so that he could be Lord (ruler) over people that have died and people that are living.
    10) So why do you judge your brother {in Christ}? Or why do you think that you are better than your brother? We will all stand before God, and he will judge us all.
    11)Yes, it is written in the Scriptures
    “Every person will bow before me;
    every person will say that I am God.
    As surely as I live, these things will happen, says the Lord (God).”
    (Isaiah 45:23)
    12) So each of us will have to explain to God about the things we do.

13) So we should stop judging each other. We must decide not to do anything that will make a brother or sister weak or fall into sin. 14) I am in the Lord Jesus. And I know that there is no food that is wrong to eat. But if a person believes that something is wrong, then that thing is wrong for him. 15) If you hurt your brother’s faith because of something you eat, then you are not really following the way of love. Don’t destroy a person’s faith by eating something {that he thinks is wrong}. Christ died for that person.
    16)Don’t allow something that you think is good to become something that other people say is evil.
    17) In the kingdom of God, eating and drinking are not important. In the kingdom of God, the important things are these: living right with God, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.
    18) Any person who serves Christ by living this way is pleasing God. And that person will be accepted by other people.
    19) So let us try as hard as we can to do the things that make peace. And let us try to do the things that will help each other. 20) Don’t let the eating of food destroy the work of God. All food is right to eat. But it is wrong for a person to eat something that makes another person fall into sin.
    21) It is better not to eat meat or drink wine if that makes your brother or sister fall into sin. It is better not to do anything that will make your brother or sister sin.”

Make you stand . . . IN “MEEKNESS AND FEAR” !

Repeat

Make your stand . . . IN ” M E E K N E S S A N D F E A R” ! ! !

Make your stand . . . Make your stand for Jesus Christ.

Drew, thank you for that “shameless promotion”. I might just buy your “Make Your Stand” book and give it “The Berean Examiner” treatment”.

Drew said this in his “Make Your Stand” book:
    5. Paul charged his readers to “Be watchful,
    stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong” (1 Corinthians
    16:13). Earlier, he had commanded them to “be
    steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of
    the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in
    vain” (1 Corinthians 15:58).

Drew also said this here.
    ___________________________________
    “and are given in the disposition prescribed by the apostle Peter: meekness and fear”
    ___________________________________

Make your stand STRONG and FIRM . . . in “MEEKNESS AND FEAR”.

Make your stand STEADFAST AND UNMOVABLE . . . in “MEEKNESS AND FEAR”.

“These are safer times, but confession should still be
    made boldly and publicly.”

But make your confession in “MEEKNESS AND FEAR”.

“But when Paul said,
    “Stand in “MEEKNESS AND FEAR” in the faith,” he was using “faith” in the sense
    of the gospel (cf. 1 Corinthians 15:1).”

Is this right?

From the same book

“In light of this, how should the Christian react
    when it becomes difficult to preach subjects like…
    • The essentiality of baptism to salvation (Mark 16:16;
    Acts 2:38; 22:16; Romans 6:3-4; 1 Peter 3:21)?
    • The sin of dividing the church into denominations
    (Ephesians 4:4)?
    • The silence of the scriptures on instrumental music in
    worship (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16)?”

Drew, you do not even want me to get started with this.
    Drew, you need to read the whole Bible, not just those verses.
    Remember, 1. Context 2. Context and 3. Context

Berean,

How about you just start your own blog? Check out http://www.blogger.com to get started.

7. Big Mac says:

Berean,

Speaking of context, if you would have noticed that when Drew said “you have your truth and I have mine. Let’s just tolerate one another and live in peace”, he had just gotten finished saying that saying something like this did not make sense. You need to pay more attention to things before you write them out on a blog for the world to see, it’s not very Berean-like. Below is the passage in it’s entirety:
    “Standing for something is logical. It doesn’t make
    sense to say, “I’m not taking a stand because nothing is
    absolutely true. Nothing is real—you have your truth and
    I have mine. Let’s just tolerate one another and live at
    peace.” When a person says, “I am not taking a stand,”
    he has already contradicted himself. He is standing for
    not taking a stand!”

8. James Jones says:

Dear Berean,
    Has Drew done something to offend you? Did he kick your dog and call it ugly? Just wondering…

James

I already said something about the bad things in the book. Now, lets look at the other side or the total overall concept of the book.

“But test everything. Keep what is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

1 Thessalonians 5:21 tells us to test everything and keep what is good. or as my boss tells me, “Listen to everybody, keep what is good and discard what is bad” Bruce Lee used this concept in his martial arts training. He studied many different types of martial arts. He kept what was good for him and discard what was bad for him. Bruce Lee is known to be one of the greatest martial artist of all time, so following this concept was great for him. We also need to follow this 1 Thessalonians 5:21 concept.

I keep on preaching 1. context 2. context and 3. context. Same thing is true with dealing with other books. In other words, we need to zoom out to see the number 3 context and see the total overall concept of the book to help use see what is good.

Okay, lets do that now. The name of the book is “Make Your stand”. The purpose of the book is for it to be a biblically-based study book for young people. Think about those two things for a minute. Those two things alone paint a great overall picture for us. What else do I really need to say about those two things? If I need to expand on this, then forget this, we got other problems to worry about it.

This book have discussion questions at the end of the chapters. This is very good. As you all already know, I am doing a personal Bible study on baptism so I was glad to hear another church in town, not the church that I am member of, is having a whole series of classes on Baptism. (If Baptism is so simple to understand, then why is there a need for a whole series in Baptism? I know exactly where this is going and I know how to turn this around.) But any way, I went to this class on Baptism and I found out that this is not a discussion type class but a lectureship type class. What a bummer to found that out. And I already have 5 pages of scripture references, comments and questions for that baptism class and I have about 5 more pages, at least, to go. I said all that just to say that I think that is great that Drew put those discussion questions in his “Make Your Stand” book.

Another way to look at the total overall concept, to help you keep what is good, is to look at the Table of Contents. There is only one bad thing thing I see and that is the “Stand Against Drinking” chapter. It should be “Stand Against Underage Drinking”.

So, when you zoom out to the number 3 context (Text without context is pretext), you will see that the total overall concept of the book is good which means that there is some good for you to keep.

I have used the Bruce Lee concept (1 Thess 5:21), on other books like Dave Miller’s “Piloting the Strait” book, Goebel Music’s “Behold the Pattern” book and William Woodson’s “Change Agents and Churches of Christ” book (Have you ever wondered why a Church of Christ library will stock books by those three guys but not books by Alexander Campbell? I guess because those three guys are in the “Good Ol’e Boy Network”.) Even though those books are some of the worst books out there, neverless, those books have some good in them in which I could keep by examing them closely.

The verse of the day, one more time.
    “But test everything. Keep what is good.” (1 Thessalonians 5:21)
    Does it say if you find one bad part, then you are to throw the whole thing away. Does it say to “keep what is good”?

Be like the Bereans (Acts 17:11) and test everything BUT KEEP WHAT IS GOOD (1 Thess 5:21). Remember to do the “Bruce Lee Concept”.

What is truly sad is that Berean admits he hasn’t even BOUGHT the book, but is judging it (presumably) by what little is on the website.

I just wonder how many Bereans listened to the introduction to a sermon and then left to see whether those things were so. I always figured they listened to the whole message.

BE’s comments might be more coherent if they were written sometime before midnight. Maybe that has been the problem all along. Just a suggestion for better writing.

James said:
    ___________________________________

___________________________________

James, listen to what God said.

___________________________________

My brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers. Why? Because you know that *we who teach will be judged more strictly than other people.* (James 3:1)
    ___________________________________

James, I am more stricter with Drew and other preachers, teachers and even elders(I know of an elder who do not even know what the “gift of the Holy Spirit” is. This guy should not be an elder) when it comes to the Word of God because God said those who teach will be judged more strictly than other people.

Thank you for your comment.

The Berean Examiner

Paul,

It looks like I need to do more than blog. It looks like I need to just do a series of “The Berean Examiner” books to refute the false teachers and the false information that is coming out.

Paul and Anonymous,
    Thank you for your comments.

The Berean Examiner