New Name

Written by Drew on April 18th, 2006

It’s time for a new name. I never intended for Drew’s Blog to remain on the masthead. It’s a little…well, dull. Not to mention, there are about a half-dozen other blogs by this same name, and I would rather not be connected to some of them.

My plan is to come up with a really good title and then register a domain name. After much contemplation, I have settled on two. I can’t decide which is best, so I’m asking for some feedback from my readers. Below are the two titles, along with their subtitles.

Truth and Repose
“God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose. Take which you please – you can never have both.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Jerusalem Blade
“Ha! It is a right Jerusalem blade…it will cut flesh, and bones, and soul, and spirit, and all.” -John Bunyan in The Pilgrim’s Progress

What do you think? Which is best? Don’t hold back. Tell it like it is. Maybe neither is any good.

How about “Al Maxey COMMENTS!

or

The Berean Examiner Carpal Tunnel Society

Seriously, you can call it whatever you want. I’m partial to “lux animus” — “Light my Soul.”

http://www.luxanimus.com is available, and is phonetically easily to grasp. Say “luxanimus” and people spell it right.

And you can call me when it’s time to get the site up and running. I ported to WordPress successfully, and there are some great advantages.

2. J-Train says:

I like Ike’s suggestions. I’m partial to http://www.almaxeyismygod.com. It’s got a nice ring. My vote is truth and repose, although I do like the lux animus suggestion too.

-Joel

or how about “instant messaging in worship”?

3. Ray says:

I like Truth and Repose.

4. slick747k says:

The Jerusalem Blade sound very good. Anything cutting gets the attention. You have a very good page, enjoy reading it.

I like The Jerusalem Blade. If you use the ‘truth and repose’ quote, you might want to call your blog Truth or Repose (since the choice is between those two things and we can’t choose both).

Regardless of the name, I appreciate the level of study, thoughtfulness, and candor you put into your blog. I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

Pretending as though I had “veto power,” I cast a ballot against “Jerusalem Blade”.

Honestly, you’ll get a lot of traffic from people thinking it’s Israel’s pre-eminent gay newspaper, or at best, a site about circumcision.

Here is an idea for the new name.

“Drew’s Legalistic Patternism Blog”

8. andy says:

I like “Truth and Repose.” “Anonymous” has a point concerning the choice, however, the title will come from the Emerson quote; and, if you offer both truth and repose, the title would be appropriate. Moses set before Israel “life and death” (Deut. 30:19), and encouraged the people to choose life. I’m sure you will encourage truth over repose.

truth or repose